My name is Lisa Waszkiewicz. I’m a slightly unhip mother stitching together all the lovely, messy, weird moments of life. This is a place to share the joys and unjoys of mothering, a love of sugar and butter, those moments in life that make you laugh, cry or spit, and anything else that catches my eye. I know I should have a better focus about what I write but even life gets blurry once in a while so I figure it’s OK to write my way to clarity.
A little more about me…
- I am parent to one tweenish girl child who loves guitars and combat boots.
- I believe parenting is much like making mud pies… oh so much fun but you’re always gonna end up dirty.
- Sundays are a day of rest and day of carbs round here.
- I’m a recently minted 40 year old.
- I knew I was no longer 18 when sneezing in public became something to fear.
- Red shoes make you feel like you’re wearing sexy underwear… except on the outside.
- I am crazy, head over heels with a semi bald chicken farmer.
- It’s not necessary to be able to wrap your legs over your shoulders but it is good to be able to reach around and kick your own ass into gear once in a while.
- I love a love story.
- I love to cook good food. I also love to dip my tater tots in chocolate pudding and like frosting straight from a can.
- When I was a kid I wore WD40 as perfume. I didn’t have my first kiss till I was 16. Could the 2 be connected?
- I can’t whistle to save my life.
- I used to make my brother ride our Sit-n-Spin until he puked. Then he grew really big and I lived in perpetual fear of getting a wedgie.
- I’m scared of the dark.
- I refuse to have a job that requires pantyhose.
- When I grow up I want to work for myself.
- I realized a long time ago… I’ll never get everything right. But I can’t seem to stop trying.