Sometimes you get the whole house to yourself. And you can have a snack for dinner.
Something dippy. To eat with chips. Outside on the deck so you can watch the sunset cause it makes you feel serene and artsy. You’re striving to be more serene and artsy.
Guacamole. Quick & simple. Peaches for sweetness. Avocados for creaminess. Cilantro’s fresh flavor brings the everything together to sing Kumbaya.
Peel. Chop. Mash. Mix. Find a stray lime behind the microwave. Squeeze it. This is how real food comes together.
Jalepenos would add a bit of spice to the peach’s sweetness. But the jalepenos were more than 25 feet away from me in the garden and, well. I wasn’t willing to work that hard.
Watch your sunset. Watch a movie more advanced than G. Then be in bed by 10. Cause you’re a grown up home alone.
There’s a handy dandy recipe down below. It’s the eyeball kind of recipe. No measuring required. Add enough of everything to make your taste buds do the cha cha.
- 1 Peach: peeled and chopped
- 1 Avocado
- Handful of cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop avocado out of its skin.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with a fork.
- Chop cilantro and peaches.
- Mix avocado, cilantro and peaches in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from lime into mixture (more or less to suite your taste).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Give a good final stir.
- Serve with chips, pita or anything good for scooping up dip.